Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kilt hose

Well here are the kilt hose that I finally finished! As you can see Mike is tickled to death with them. They were custom made to match the kilt he is wearing here in this photo with me. The cuffs are entrelac - blue and yellow, with a darker blue picot at the top and bottom of the cuff. The leg is the darker blue in a pattern called "Links of Love". There is no pattern for these kilt hose--I winged it! We did complete measurements of Mike's leg and guessed the number of stitches needed to fit his leg and foot. We did it! I had him try them on very often to make sure that they fit. I really love the colors.

My writing career is growing with leaps and bounds. I have several clients that I do SEO writing for. I am working with a very sweet lady that lives in CA. She was a beauty queen a few years ago and a very beautiful one, I might add. She wants to write a book about finding the true beauty. I have started on it and will have lots of fun with it. I have started my first book, also. It is called, "Are you sure, God?" You will have to wait to see it in print to find out what it is about. I will tell you that it is mostly about my life, from beginning to death. I know, I'm still alive, but you will just have to read the book to see the ending, you'll love it.

Chuck has good days and bad days. We think he had another small stroke last week. His face is drooping worse and he slept for about three straight days, just like when the first one happened. Of course he didn't want to go to the hospital, as they really can't do anything for him. He takes Plavix to thin down his platlets. They are not able to do much for stroke patients that take Plavix. So, we just keep going and trusting God to take care of both of us.

No comments: