Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Chuck with his Aunt!
Me with Aunt Pat
Cathy talking with Chuck, he was boring her with all of the details of the dvd that was playing during the party. It was a collection of all the old family films that had been collected over the years.
As you can see, we all dressed the part for the theme!
Saturday, August 11, 2007
A little ditty for teaching kids (or adults) to knit:
And another one for the knit stitch:
Let's not forget purling:
And casting off:
Friday, August 10, 2007
George on the blocking board!
Larry on the blocking board
Daryl and his other brother Daryl
knitted by Elaine
If you are interested in the patterns they will be available here on October 1, 2007. Come join the fun! You never know what you will fall in love with!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? In the knitpics case they came in. The older ones are in a needle case for circular needles.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I have been knitting for 30+ years and taught myself to knit from a book. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Advanced
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No
5. What's your favorite scent? Lavender
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes Favorite candy? Chocolate
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Wood crafts, jewelry making, crocheting, drawing, photography. Do you spin? No, but want to learn.
8. What kind of music do you like? Christian Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Green and purple Any colors you just can't stand? Nope
10. What is your family situation? I have been married for 30 years Do you have any pets? 4 dogs, 1 cat, 3 birds, 4 geckos, 3 tanks of fish
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, love all of them!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? bags and scarves
13. What are you knitting right now? A shawl and a scarf
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Lordy yes!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Aluminum
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 3 weeks
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Miniatures and yarn!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Love any books on felting. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave knits, Cast On
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Nope
22. Are you a sock knitter? Yes What are your foot measurements? I wear a size 7 shoe.
23. When is your birthday? 7/29/58
24. Are you on Ravelry? Yes If so, what's your ID? debbrown
Whew, that was alot! Anything else you want to know, just ask.